Wednesday, September 6, 2017
Please return to this page for program updates
Ajay Menon, Dean, College of Agricultural Sciences, Colorado State University; Director, Colorado Agricultural Experiment Stations
Keynote Address/Q&A: The Pillars of Food Policy
Tom Vilsack, CEO and President of the US Dairy Export Council, former Iowa Governor and US Secretary of Agriculture; Strategic Adviser of Food & Water Initiatives at the National Western Center and Global Chair for the International Board of Counselors on Food & Water Initiatives
Panel: What’s Next in the Agriculture Supply Chain
Diverse perspectives will weigh in on the trends and technologies on the frontier of agricultural innovation globally. How will next-generation innovations in biotechnology and big data disrupt supply chain dynamics and enhance product quality? What will these developments mean for consumers? And where is Colorado prepared to lead?
- Howard Yana-Shapiro, Chief Agricultural Officer, Mars Incorporated Presentation Slide
- Dana Johnson Downing, Director, Strategic Partnerships, TraceGains, Inc.
- Eyal Gerecht, Co-Founder, President and Chief Technology Officer, TeraBAT, Inc.
- Moderator – Alan Rudolph, Vice President for Research, Colorado State University
Lunch Buffet and Networking
Keynote Address/Q&A: Organizational Innovation - Connecting the Harvest to the Home
Juan Luciano, Chief Executive Officer, Archer-Daniels-Midland Company
1 on 1: Innovation, Sustainability & Talent - Meeting the Needs of the Next Generation
- Mark Retzloff, Co-Founder of Horizon Organic Dairy, Aurora Organic Dairy, and Alfalfa’s Markets Presentation Slides
- Kristen Schmidt, Colorado State University Student and former FFA Vice President
Keynote Address/Q&A: Innovation as a Catalyst for Statewide Prosperity
Tony Frank, Chancellor, Colorado State University System; President, Colorado State University
Transition to Roundtable 2.0 Dinner at CSU On-Campus Stadium
Spotlight: Innovation in the Value Chain - From Field to Foam
Join us for a pint of Old Aggie Lager in celebration of the long and fruitful partnership between CSU and the flourishing craft brewing industry in Fort Collins, home to global brewing powerhouse and sustainability leader New Belgium Brewing.
- Katie Wallace, Assistant Director of Sustainability, New Belgium Brewing Company Presentation Slides
- Bill Bauerle, Professor of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, Colorado State University
- Chris Schooley, Co-Founder, Troubadour Maltings
- Moderator - Jeffrey Callaway, Associate Director, Fermentation Science and Technology, Colorado State University
Dinner: Roundtable 2.0 - Cultivating Colorado's Ag Innovation Ecosystem for Global Leadership
Introduction by Don Brown, Colorado Commissioner of Agriculture
Moderator: Kevin Ochsner, Founder and President of Agcellerate, LLC
This unique dinner event will feature a facilitated roundtable style-format, where attendees will engage with fellow guests and industry thought leaders in response to the challenge of making Colorado the preeminent leader in agricultural innovation. Guests can expect provocative questions and are encouraged to embrace divergent perspectives as we aspire to advance local innovation for global impact.