Thursday, September 7, 2017
Please return to this page for program updates
Opening Remarks - Day 1 Debrief
Panel: National Western Center - A Global Destination for Agricultural Heritage and Innovation
- Kelly Leid, Executive Director, Mayor's Office of the National Western Center
- Jocelyn Hittle, Director, Denver Program Development, Colorado State University
Panel: Financing the Future of Ag Innovation in Colorado
Global agriculture presents unique challenges and diverse opportunities for the savvy investor. We’ll take the pulse of the state’s investment climate and engage founders and funders alike to explore creative capital strategies for accelerating innovation and industry growth here at home.
- Brian Clevinger, Managing Director, Prolog Ventures and The Yield Lab
- George Seward
- Jason Suntych, Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer, Xiant Technologies
- Michelle Hadwiger, Director of Global Business Development, Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade
- Moderator - Jennifer Drake, Managing Partner, Prototerra Partners
Keynote Address/Q&A: Customer-centric Food Innovation
Chris Hjelm, Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer; The Kroger Co.
Panel: Closing Debrief - Call to Action
- Leann Saunders, Co-Founder and COO, Where Food Comes From, Inc.
- Patrick O'Keefe, Senior Vice President and Regional Managing Director, United States, CH2M
- Kathay Rennels, Associate Vice President for Engagement, Colorado State University
- Moderator - James Pritchett, Executive Associate Dean, College of Agricultural Sciences, Colorado State University
Closing Remarks by Dean Ajay Menon
Main Session Close/ Transit to Special Events
Professionals will have the chance to engage with the next generation of ag talent at CSU to share perspectives, exchange interests, and cultivate relationships.
Public Session: Colorado Blueprint 2.0 (Summit registration not required)
- Greg Graff, Associate Professor, Agricultural and Resource Economics, Colorado State University
- Becca Jablonski, Assistant Professor, Agricultural and Resource Economics, Colorado State University
- Dawn Thilmany, Professor and Extension Specialist - Agribusiness, Agricultural and Resource Economics, Colorado State University